February, while I’d originally thought it was going to be a tight month, turned out to be much better than anticipated. My transition to being primarily self-employed has been an incredible ride so far–I’m adjusting well to the increased “freedom” in my schedule, learning how to prioritize my responsibilities in order to maximize my working time and have generally been more stress-free and relaxed than I had been in months.
- $600 to long-term savings CHECK–ended up saving $1,310 plus paying $245 for an upcoming flight, $200 to the office reno and $25 to Happy Homeowner contests
- $860 into retirement accounts CHECK
- $285 to student loan (last one left to pay off!) CHECK–paid $483
- Limit variable spending to $500 CHECK
- Complete office renovation In progress (just finishing touches left to go! I’ll do a follow-up before & after post soon)
- Cook 4 dinners/week CHECK
- Complete TV stand project Fail–postponed until BF buys his new TV
- Begin Pinterest bench project Fail–postponed
- Run 3 times/week CHECK
- Get through the next 2 weeks with my sanity in tact CHECK? Haha…
- Begin to plan my trips to Dubai and Kauai CHECK! T-minus 2 weeks until I’m on my way to Dubai!
- Increase Twitter Followers to 600 CHECK–at 1,006
- Increase FB likes to 200 CHECK–at 682
- Increase RSS subscribers to 250 CHECK–at 271…what are some tips for increasing this?
How was your February?
Latest posts by Jen (see all)
- Building Business Credit: What You Need to Know - April 24, 2014
- Considerations To Make When Choosing A VA Home Loan Lender - April 24, 2014
- 5 Tips on Protecting Your Home from Burglary - April 21, 2014