January has been a fantastic month. Not only did I crush one of my 2013 goals already, but I had some great media mentions and have secured a few more staff writing positions. I’m actively working to grow this blog, and I’m pleased with the small wins I was able to cross off for this month. Also, if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to enter the $100 cash giveaway I’m part of. The contest ends tonight!
Overall, this was another good month thanks to a triple-paycheck month at my full-time job. I’ve also made some great progress with my household goals of the office renovation and cooking my way through The Joy of Cooking. The area I need to work on most is my fitness goals, but I’m hopeful these nagging knee injuries will be kicked to the curb by mid-February at the latest.
- $3,000 to long-term savings CHECK
- $1,010 into retirement accounts CHECK
- $185 to student loan (last one!) CHECK
- Limit variable spending to $500 CHECK!–Just eeked this one out though
- Deep-clean the condo CHECK
- Organize/de-clutter to make room for BF CHECK
- Begin design for home office and kitchen renos CHECK
- Cook 4 dinners/week beginning 1/14 CHECK
- Transition kitties to their new home (sniff, sniff) CHECK
- Run 10+ miles each week FAIL
- Secure another PT job In progress!
- Increase Twitter Followers to 550 FAIL–I’m at 525…so close!
- Increase FB likes to 25 CHECK
- Increase RSS subscribers to 200 CHECK
Have one month where my additional income is $1K+ CHECK!! I brought in an extra $1,298.12 (on top of my paychecks and not including any rent money)
How was your January?
Latest posts by The Happy Homeowner (see all)
- Is It A Good Idea To Convert Your 401k To Gold? - December 3, 2014
- LED Lights and Interior Design: Oh What a Difference a Light Can Make - December 3, 2014
- Becoming Your Own General Contractor - November 25, 2014