It’s been nearly two months since my last post on here and, truthfully, I’m not quite sure why. Of course the 70+ hour work weeks I’ve been logging could have something to do with it, but I’m also contemplating the likelihood that the burn-out monster reared its ugly head.
Regardless, I miss blogging, reading your blogs, and keeping up with the happenings in everyone’s financial lives. While I can’t say exactly when I plan to be back on a strict blogging schedule, I am confident that I’ll be back in fighting form sooner than later. Until then, I hope to at least get back on the commenting wagon, and I hope to see some visitors here.
In terms of my finances and progress on my goals, the news is ugly, uglier, and ugliest. However, I’m ironically quite content with my (at times quite scandalous) choices. In a complete departure from my typical no-spend habits, I’ve gone a bit rogue:
- I frittered away nearly $2,000 in the month of August–but I had an amazing time squeezing in impromptu weekend trips to visit college friends and siblings. Despite the crazy spending, I wouldn’t trade these experiences for much else because they’re allowing me to maintain some semblance of great work-life balance even though I’ve been working insane hours.
- I decided not to have another roommate when my most recent one moved out–No matter her quirks or our random encounters living together, we’re definitely still friends and I’m very thankful for that as well as the time we spent living together/bonding. But I’ve discovered that I’m craving my space and a home office. Unfortunately, I’m now out over $700/month.
- I’m contemplating a trip to Dubai in the spring–It will be tough to figure out a time that works with my new work schedule (which by the way, I.LOVE.MY.JOB!!!), but I’m toying with the idea of taking advantage of another killer TravelZoo deal.
- I placed a customized order for a 2013 BMW 328i–Yep, I’ve committed a cardinal PF sin. I’m not sure the reality of this purchase has quite set in given I won’t be picking it up until November–when I head to Germany as part of the European Delivery Program they offer….eeeeekk!!!!
What’s been going on in your world?
Photo Credit: Odd.note
Latest posts by Jen (see all)
- Considering a First-Time Remodel? Top Newbie Mistakes to Avoid - April 17, 2014
- 10 Things to Check When Inspecting a Potential Property Investment - April 14, 2014
- Six Steps to Making Your First Sale through an Online Store Today - March 23, 2014