Two days in and I’m loving this project. Today’s good deeds included the following:
- Giving $$ to the Shriner’s Hospital bucket–the old man collecting told me he was “just tickled” to see a young lady donating her money. He not only told me to have a good day, but wished me a wonderful weekend, a happy holiday season, and a happy new year. Seeing him so happy is definitely a few bucks well spent!
- Next, I paid for the groceries for the person before & after me in line while at the grocery store during my lunch break. Sweet Old Man #1 ahead of me shook my hand and thanked me profusely while sweet Old Man #2 behind me had no clue I had just paid for his items until he asked the checkout “darling” how much he owed and she smiled saying I had just paid for his groceries. His response was a jolly, “By Jove, thank you, thank you!” He was quite stunned, standing there for a few moments even after I had walked away. Another $51.92 well spent and I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a skip in my step as I walked back to the office….
Want to help me pay it forward? Read how here!
Freelancer; reformed spendaholic; risk taker; adventure seeker; world traveler; rose smeller; debt destroyer. My mission is to inspire others to live a healthy, balanced life one cent at a time.
Latest posts by Jen (see all)
- 5 Tips on Protecting Your Home from Burglary - April 21, 2014
- Considering a First-Time Remodel? Top Newbie Mistakes to Avoid - April 17, 2014
- 10 Things to Check When Inspecting a Potential Property Investment - April 14, 2014