Two days in and I’m loving this project. Today’s good deeds included the following:
- Giving $$ to the Shriner’s Hospital bucket–the old man collecting told me he was “just tickled” to see a young lady donating her money. He not only told me to have a good day, but wished me a wonderful weekend, a happy holiday season, and a happy new year. Seeing him so happy is definitely a few bucks well spent!
- Next, I paid for the groceries for the person before & after me in line while at the grocery store during my lunch break. Sweet Old Man #1 ahead of me shook my hand and thanked me profusely while sweet Old Man #2 behind me had no clue I had just paid for his items until he asked the checkout “darling” how much he owed and she smiled saying I had just paid for his groceries. His response was a jolly, “By Jove, thank you, thank you!” He was quite stunned, standing there for a few moments even after I had walked away. Another $51.92 well spent and I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a skip in my step as I walked back to the office….
Want to help me pay it forward? Read how here!
We're a team of freelancers who are on a mission to inspire others to live a healthy, balanced life one cent at a time. Work from The Happy Homeowner has been featured on CNN Money, Yahoo! Finance, Wisebread, Lifehacker, The Dr. Oz Show, and many other outlets.
Latest posts by The Happy Homeowner (see all)
- 10 Lesser Known Home Insurance Discounts - January 20, 2015
- Running the Disney Dopey Challenge - January 16, 2015
- Yes, I have $18,000 in Credit Card Debt but Here’s What I’m Doing about it… - January 5, 2015